Using F8 for Word HighlightingPosted: January 5, 2012
In Word (all versions), the F8 is one handy little key:
- pressed twice, it selects the word around (or touching) the cursor
- pressed three times it selects the whole sentence the cursor is sitting in
- pressed four times it selects the whole paragraph the cursor is sitting in
- pressed five times, it selects the whole document.
- Select odd amounts: position the cursor where you wish to begin, press F8 and then use the cursors to extend the selection.
- To escape from selecting selecting mode, press the Esc key.