The Highlighter Tool in WordPosted: October 24, 2011
The highlighter tool in Microsoft Word works as a Stabilo Boss highlighter might work on paper…it highlights stuff.
You activate it by clicking the tool and then dragging over areas you wish to highlight in a document.
If you don’t want to remove it but have occasion to hide the highlight (for example when printing the document), here is how to do it:
- To either view or hide the highlighting we need to go to the Options dialog box by clicking Office Button inV2007 or the File tab, Options for V2010.
- Select the Display category.
- Uncheck the “Show highlighter marks” choice (and if it was off this would turn it on).
- This one option controls both the screen and printing simultaneously so don’t worry about which one is affected by your choice… the answer is both.
- Click OK. The highlighting is hidden but still exists. You repeat the steps to view it again.